Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway is a comprehensive secure Web gateway that helps protect your corporate assets and employees from Web threats. It also delivers easy-to-use, unified perimeter security to protect networks from attack.
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway is a comprehensive secure Web gateway that helps protect Web-using employees from threats on the Web with an enterprise-class Web proxy and anti-malware functionality. Forefront TMG helps ensure that encrypted Web sessions (SSL) are protected from threats. It also delivers simple, unified perimeter security to protect networks from attack by providing an integrated application and network-layer firewall, intrusion prevention, VPN connectivity, and management of e-mail security. It enables you to easily maximize existing information technology (IT) investments by improving network security and performance. The newly added protection technologies will help you inspect e-mail traffic for spam and malware and enforce content policy compliance in your organization. Furthermore, Forefront TMG protects the organization from zero-day-attacks, and inspects outbound HTTP and HTTPS traffic to improve Internet security for your organization.
Forefront TMG Beta 2 can help you:
• Protect users from Web browsing threats (Secure Web Gateway)
• Control network Access at the edge (Firewall)
• Protect users from e-mail threats (E-mail Protection)
• Protect desktops and servers from intrusion attempts (Network Inspection System, Security Assessment Sharing)
• Enable users to remotely access corporate resources (VPN, Secure Web Publishing)
• Simplify management and deployment
• Integrate with the Forefront Security Suite (codename Stirling) to provide a unified security solution for protecting all of the assets in your organization
Note: Connecting Forefront TMG to a Stirling Server is supported only with the public Beta 2 of Forefront Codenamed Stirling
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008
• A computer with a 64-bit processor.
• 2 gigabytes (GB) or more of memory
• 2.5 GB of available hard disk space. This is exclusive of hard disk space that you want to use for caching or for temporarily storing files during malware inspection.
• One network adapter that is compatible with the computer’s operating system, for communication with the Internal network.
• An additional network adapter for each network connected to the Forefront TMG server.
• One local hard disk partition that is formatted with the NTFS file system.
This software requires Windows Server 2008 64-bit software to run.