Opalis Reporting errors there are lots of errors like this
HTTP Error 500.23 – Internal Server Error
An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.
Server Error in ‘/Opalis’ Application.
is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
the solution is below.
Opalis brings a wealth of IT Process Automation and integrated management capabilities to System Center that enables you to:
- Ensure datacenter service predictability and compliance while lowering costs through orchestrated automation of workflows/tasks across IT systems.
- Automate cross-silo processes and enforce best practices for core datacenter processes like incident management, change management, and service lifecycle management.
- Consistent and repeatable IT activity
- Lower support and operational costs
- Higher quality, consistent service delivery
- Process-driven management and reporting
- Reduce unanticipated errors and service delivery time by automating tasks across vendor and organizational silos.
- Integrate System Center with non-Microsoft tools to enable interoperability across your datacenter.
So but what about the Reporting How to install this on IIS 7.5
Opalis Integration Server 6.3 Reports requires the following hardware and software
Reports Software Requirements
Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 <> So no IIS7.5
This software reads from the data store for the information that populates the reports
Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5, Service Pack 1
Install on the same computer Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 to enable Reports functionality. The .NET Web Service Extension must also be enabled.
The LogiXML LGX Report software is available on Microsoft System Center Opalis (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=200971). It is used to create and modify reports.
Lets get started :
copy the files to the folder that you want.
Now that the files are in place create a website and make the Opalis folder an application as in the screen shot
Now that the Website is in place the website needs DB access so a SQL
enable 32bit applications Opalis is 32 bit. ;-( and the managed pipeline mode must turned on to classic.
Next step would be edit the source webcode :
open file _Settings.lgx in Opalis/_Definitions
this file is used to define connection to database I know the website has it already but I’m not sure if this needs the DB I could adjust it so that even the roles is IIS.
seek for this: and change it as needed “ yoursqlinstances “ and security info on True nobody is using SQL authentication
<Connection ID="opalis" Type="Application" ConnectionString="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=Opalis;Data Source=yoursqlinstances" CommandTimeOut="30"/>
Now that this is in place stop/start the application pool and Website.
and there it is :
and if not you did something wrong.