The MAP Toolkit’s new capabilities help you to assess the readiness of your environment for deploying Windows as well as Windows Server 2012 Beta. This update adds new scenarios specifically, the ability to plan for virtualization assessment of Linux servers and readiness assessment for desktop virtualization. Along with the Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter and MAP 7.0, now you can easily migrate VMware VMs to Hyper-V for the best roadmap to the cloud. In addition to the above features, MAP 7.0 strengthens the SQL Server migration scenario with support for SQL Server 2012 discovery, and migration planning.
Key features and benefits of MAP 7.0 Beta help you:
· Understand your readiness to deploy Windows in your environment with hardware and device readiness assessments
· Determine Windows Server 2012 Beta readiness
· Size your desktop virtualization needs for both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and session-based virtualization using Remote Desktop Services
· Ready your information platform for the cloud with the SQL Server 2012 discovery and migration assessment
· Evaluate your licensing needs with usage tracking for Lync 2010, active users and devices, SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 Beta
Visit the MAP home page: www.microsoft.com/map
Get the latest news straight from the MAP team:http://blogs.technet.com/mapblog
MAP works with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Security Compliance Manager to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost. Learn more at www.microsoft.com/solutionaccelerators.
Follow Solution Accelerators on Twitter to get the latest tips and updates: @MSSolutionAccel