Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Readiness Assessments for Active Directory, SharePoint Server and SQL Server. Also available on Windows Azure Portal here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/downloads/vm-readiness-assessment
- This tool will provide a high level checklist and a detailed report.
- The checklist outlines areas which are ready to move and areas which may need additional configuration or design changes.
- The detailed report offers expert guidance and advice tailored to your environment.
- Your report shows areas that are ready to move and areas that need additional configuration or design changes.
- Click into each area to get expert guidance and advice tailored to your specific situation.
The installation is real easy but I noticed that the discovery is not always working. In my case I did run this on the SQL server.
When the Installer is finished I ran the Assessment toolkit.
In this case I used SQL server the method is the same only the result is different.
Two easy steps with some questions and basically there is no right and wrong ( I checked unsure )
Yes it is not the MAP toolkit just one server at the time.
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit makes it easy to assess your current IT infrastructure for a variety of technology migration projects. This Solution Accelerator provides a powerful inventory, assessment, and reporting tool to simplify the migration planning process.
after a little coffee break the scan is done and the report is ready. You can save and edit this as it is a Word file.
As I did the Next Next method I need some planning when I migrate this SQL server to Azure.
the report is in detail and 62 pages long. It could be handy if you don’t know anything about this server.
But if you want to test the migration and already running VMM and have a S2S VPN to Azure read my other blog post.