Secure Client Computers with updated SCM 2 Client Baselines—Beta now available for download
Available beta baselines are:
- Windows 7 SP1 Security Compliance Baseline
- Windows Vista SP2 Security Compliance Baseline
- Windows XP SP3 Security Compliance Baseline
- Office 2010 SP1 Security Baseline
- Internet Explorer 8 Security Compliance Baseline
SCM 2 enables you to quickly configure and manage your desktops and laptops, traditional data center, and private cloud using Group Policy and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
SCM 2 is a free tool from the Microsoft Solution Accelerators team that enables you to quickly configure and manage your computers, traditional data center, and private cloud using Group Policy and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
If you don’t already have SCM 2, download it from the Microsoft Download Center.
Key features in SCM 2 include:
Integration with the System Center 2012 IT GRC Process Pack for Service Manager-Beta:Product configurations are integrated into the IT GRC Process Pack to provide oversight and reporting of your compliance activities.
Gold master support: Import andtake advantage of your existing Group Policy or create a snapshot of a reference machine to kick-start your project.
Configure stand-alone machines: Deploy your configurations to non-domain joined computers using the new GPO Pack feature.
Updated security guidance: Take advantage of the deep security expertise and best practices in the updated security guides, and the attack surface reference workbooks to help reduce the security risks that you consider to be the most important.
Compare against industry best practices: Analyze your configurations against prebuilt baselines for the latest Windows client and server operating systems.
SCM 2 released with the a full complement of Microsoft product baselines, including Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP2.
Also the security guides are also in the download.
Get SCM2 from the Microsoft Download Center. Click here to download the latest version of the tool.
Security and Compliance Baselines
In addition to the previously released security baselines, the SCM 2 includes a new Windows Internet Explorer 9 Security Baseline, and updated versions of the security and compliance baselines for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP2.
These new beta baselines provide:
- Setting severity ratings, allowing you to quickly sort, prioritize, and apply Microsoft security recommendations.
- Consolidated product baselines that eliminate EC and SSLF baseline components, and make viewing, customizing, and implementing your security baselines easier than ever!
- New compliance-based settings groups allow quicker and easier compliance reporting and audit preparation, when used with theGRC management solution within System Center.