The Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool—version 2.5—is now available for beta download
Updated client product baselines include:
•Windows 7 SP1 Security Compliance Baseline
•Windows Vista SP2 Security Compliance Baseline
•Windows XP SP3 Security Compliance Baseline
•Office 2010 SP1 Security Baseline
•Internet Explorer 8 Security Compliance Baseline
SCM 2.5 enables you to quickly configure and manage your desktops and laptops, traditional data center, and private cloud using Group Policy and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
Configure and manage your computers, traditional data center and private cloud with new and updated baseline configurations available with SCM 2.5 Beta. In addition to key features from the previous version, SCM 2.5 offers new Exchange Server 2010 and 2007 security baselines. Updated SCM2 client product baselines are included in the Beta download as well. Beta client product baselines include Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3, Microsoft Office 2010 SP1, and Internet Explorer 8.
KeyFeatures in SCM 2.5 include:
- Integration with the System Center 2012 IT GRC Process Pack for Service Manager-Beta:Product baseline configurations are integrated into the IT GRC Process Pack to provide oversight and reporting of your compliance activities.
- Gold master support: Import and take advantage of your existing Group Policy or create a snapshot of a reference machine to kick-start your project.
- Configure stand-alone machines: Deploy your configurations to non-domain joined computers using the new GPO Pack feature.
- Updated security guidance: Take advantage of the deep security expertise and best practices in the updated security guides, and the attack surface reference workbooks to help reduce the security risks that you consider to be the most important.
- Compare against industry best practices: Analyze your configurations against prebuilt baselines for the latest Windows client and server operating systems.
SCM2 tool released in September 2011 with a full complement of Microsoft product baselines, including Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP2. As well as new features such as GPO import, baseline setting customization, Local GPO functionality, enhanced UI and improved installation with SQL Server 2005 and later releases of SQL Server.
- To learn more about the Security Compliance Manager tool,visit the TechNet Library.