The journey to the cloud is now smoother than ever with the MAP Toolkit 6.5. The MAP Toolkit’s new capabilities help users to securely assess heterogeneous IT environments while enabling the evaluation of workloads for migration to Microsoft’s private and public cloud platforms. Consolidate existing server workloads using the updated Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track capacity planning feature. The Database Consolidation Appliance Assessment allows you to simplify SQL Server migration planning for the private cloud. The revamped Azure Migration feature in MAP 6.5 provides more in-depth analysis of the suitability of migrating on-premises applications to the Windows Azure™ platform. Additional new features in MAP 6.5 include the discovery of active Windows® devices, Software Usage Tracking for Forefront® Endpoint Protection (FEP), and the discovery of Oracle instances on Itanium-based servers with HP-UX to assist in the planning of migration to SQL Server®.
Key features and benefits of MAP 6.5 help you:
- Accelerate private and public cloud planning with Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track Onboarding.
- Simplify SQL Server migration planning for the private cloud through the Database Consolidation Appliance
- Analyze your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure platform.
- Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory.
- Assess your usage of Microsoft software with the Software Usage Tracking feature.
- Discover Oracle instances on Itanium-based servers for migration to SQL Server.
MAP works with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Security Compliance Manager to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost. Learn more atwww.microsoft.com/solutionaccelerators